Thursday, October 23, 2008

Week 4- Nick and Norahs Infinite Playlist

The film review that I read was about the movie Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist. This movie is about a teenage boy, Nick, who is depressed about the loss of his girlfriend, Tris. He tries to win her back by making her music mixes, but instead of Tris listening to the mixes, she throws them away. After weeks of trying to win Tris back, Nick’s band mates force him to come play their gig on a Friday night. On that same night a band Where's Fluffy is also playing a concert, which is why Norah and her friend Caroline are in New York City. Norah attends Nicks band’s (has no official name) concert, and while trying to make Tris jealous, Norah and Nick share an extremely long awkward kiss. They then spend an adventurous night together battling obstacles while trying to find Where’s Fluffy. The author of the review I read, Roger Ebert, portrayed this movie ask dumb, boring, and lacking plot. He then goes on to criticize the acting of both Nick (Michael Cera) and Norah (Kat Dennings) as stupid. I however completely disagree with this review. I too saw the movie, and although I am a teenage girl who loves romantic comedies, I truly enjoyed this movie. The plot was interesting and had many unsuspecting twists. While watching this movie I never once became bored and wanted to stay and watch. I felt that this movie was very well made and the acting was superb. Nick and Norah have amazing chemistry, and I couldn't imagine any others playing the rolls of Nick and Norah. I would recommend every teenage girl to go see this film.

Ebert, Roger. "Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist". Chicago Sun-Times. Film
Review. October 2, 2008.

No comments: